Skip to main content

Dear The Firefly Fun House Match


Dear Firefly Fun House Match --

You are officially one of the matches that I love. I will watch you and think of you often.

Brittney

Yes, Yes, Yes, this match was mind-blowing!  Now, I am usually a fan and on the team of Jim Cornette.  But this match was everything! The homage to Saturday Night Main Event and Monday Night Nitro was EVERYTHING! The playback of John Cena's debut. As an old school wrestling fan, this was just what I need to add the pizazz to the new school. I think WWE forgets about the old old old school too much.  This was a perfect way to remind fans that this is the same WWE that they have been watching for fifty years. 

This is how you rectify an arena with no fans! You create a masterpiece. A story, a mind-blowing extravaganza…this is WrestleMania. AEW flexed their creativity muscles over the last few weeks in ways that were entirely too silly and slapstick for my taste. I like my wrestling to at times, escape reality i.e. the Undertaker. But in my opinion, AEW takes it a little too far for me.

WWE on the other hand just utilized its massive library and created something special. It was cinematic, but it was different; it was fresh, and it wasn't slapstick silly. 

WWE's editing, cinematography, and creativity set this match apart from the rest. This match is the first in about three years that has blown me away!

BRAVO!!!
Yes, everyone, I am back...
Stay safe, stay healthy. Thank you for reading!
-Britt Star

Comments

Popular Posts

WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Not Renewing Contract

SummerSlam 1988 – Since we are just a few weeks away from SummerSlam 2012, I believe it is only appropriate to take a look at the very first one.

Long before I was born, okay two years before I was born, but long before I was thought of I’m sure, there was the great SummerSlam 1988. This is the historic night that set the precedent for the subsequent 22 almost 23 SummerSlams. What were the matches on that night? I’m glad you asked! The British Bulldogs (The late Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond), this tag team match ended in a draw. Okay Answer for 1000 points, who are the Fabulous Rougeaus? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Buzz!!! The Fabulous Rougeaus were a tag team, duh! They were in the WWE for a short time but Jacques went on to become one half of the very popular Quebecers. Okay semi-popular Quebecers. But hey they were three time WWE tag team champions, three more than the Rockers. But in comparison to popularity…I guess championships really don’t matter *shrugs shoulders*. The late Bad News Brown defeated Ken Patera. Both of these wrestlers won competitive ...

Natalya

Okay Okay let’s talk the real! Can I just say that Natalya’s losing streak is ridiculous? And, adding insult to injury, have you seen her promos?? Especially with her farting ew TACKY! I mean really, what is that about?  Before we talk about Natalya’s competition let’s look at her credentials! She’s the daughter of the legendary Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, the granddaughter of Hall of Famer Stu Hart, and the niece of WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hitman” Hart. But that’s just her lineage, which beats any other WWE Superstar, male or female…I’m just saying. She is the first and only female graduate of the infamous dungeon. Anyone who is a real wrestling fan knows of The Dungeon…well if you’ve been under a rock for the last 20 years, then I’ll update you! The Dungeon was located in the mansion of Stu & Helen Hart and is where Davey Boy Smith, Bret and Owen Hart trained and undoubtedly developed their signature moves.  Yes, Bret Hart, can you say “Excellence of E...