Skip to main content

Flashback Friday....The Undertaker vs. Hulk Hogan at This Tuesday in Texas December 2, 1991


Long long long ago back in 1991, there was the reaper who took on the immortal in a battle of titans...LOL 

But seriously, this is one of my favorite pay-per-views. One reason is both of my favorites: Bret Hart and the Undertaker are in title matches. It just makes my day to study my two favorites so early in their career.


Truthfully, This Tuesday in Texas seems like a afterthought pay-per-view, to give Hogan the belt back. 

Bret Hart took on Skinner, which isn't that much of a big deal. Hart beat Skinner in 13 minutes and 46 seconds. But it only took Hogan 13 minutes and 9 seconds to defeat the UNDERTAKER? ROBBERY!

What is awesome is that although Taker won the title just a few days earlier, WWE clearly did not believe he was main event material. This is apparent when the Undertaker, as the WWE champion comes to the ring first. Like what?! (Sidenote: the way Taker holds the belt while coming to the ring is beautiful story telling and characterization). 

Unfortunately, Taker's first reign was just a few short days. 

Clearly, the WWE was wrong in it's short lived expectations for the Undertaker. Now, the Undertaker is the apple of Vince's wrestling eye and well Hogan has proved to be unworthy of the immortal title. (No Personal Shade to Hogan). 


Even though Taker lost, This Tuesday in Texas is apart of the formation of the Phenom the Undertaker. I love it!!! 

When I was in elementary and middle I would go to the video store and rent classic wrestling tapes like This Tuesday in Teexas. These tapes made me fall in love with wrestling. 

Comments

Popular Posts

WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Not Renewing Contract

SummerSlam 1988 – Since we are just a few weeks away from SummerSlam 2012, I believe it is only appropriate to take a look at the very first one.

Long before I was born, okay two years before I was born, but long before I was thought of I’m sure, there was the great SummerSlam 1988. This is the historic night that set the precedent for the subsequent 22 almost 23 SummerSlams. What were the matches on that night? I’m glad you asked! The British Bulldogs (The late Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond), this tag team match ended in a draw. Okay Answer for 1000 points, who are the Fabulous Rougeaus? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Buzz!!! The Fabulous Rougeaus were a tag team, duh! They were in the WWE for a short time but Jacques went on to become one half of the very popular Quebecers. Okay semi-popular Quebecers. But hey they were three time WWE tag team champions, three more than the Rockers. But in comparison to popularity…I guess championships really don’t matter *shrugs shoulders*. The late Bad News Brown defeated Ken Patera. Both of these wrestlers won competitive ...

Natalya

Okay Okay let’s talk the real! Can I just say that Natalya’s losing streak is ridiculous? And, adding insult to injury, have you seen her promos?? Especially with her farting ew TACKY! I mean really, what is that about?  Before we talk about Natalya’s competition let’s look at her credentials! She’s the daughter of the legendary Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, the granddaughter of Hall of Famer Stu Hart, and the niece of WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hitman” Hart. But that’s just her lineage, which beats any other WWE Superstar, male or female…I’m just saying. She is the first and only female graduate of the infamous dungeon. Anyone who is a real wrestling fan knows of The Dungeon…well if you’ve been under a rock for the last 20 years, then I’ll update you! The Dungeon was located in the mansion of Stu & Helen Hart and is where Davey Boy Smith, Bret and Owen Hart trained and undoubtedly developed their signature moves.  Yes, Bret Hart, can you say “Excellence of E...