Skip to main content

Smackdown and Raw Women's Championship Match #WWE #SUMMERSLAM #RAWWOMENSTITLE #SMACKDOWNWOMENSTITLE #NAOMI #SASHABANKS #ALEXABLISS #NATALYA


I clumped these two matches together because I have read so many articles that compare these two matches to each other. So many say that Sasha and Alexa Bliss was better than Nattie and Naomi. NOT HARDLY! Now, I am a Sasha Banks fan, but the truth is I am a bigger Natalya and Naomi fan. Natalya and Naomi were exciting and both women showed off their respective wrestling styles. Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss were BORING! I am so serious, even my little brother said...this match is boring. The main reason why Banks and Bliss failed for me is that Bliss' offense is super boring. I know her offense is punishment and heel centered, however, her limited move-set was exposed against the wide arsenal Sasha Banks. Natalya and Naomi proved to be the much better match. It was apparent that the two worked together to put on a great match and it made me proud to be a women's wrestling fan. Natalya is the master technician on the women's roster...hands down. This was a record-breaking pay-per-view for Nattie and she won her second WWE Championship. Naomi is my girl, but I am so happy for Nattie she deserves. After a long rut, Nattie is back at the top of the division. Sasha Banks has had the championship four times in about two years, Bliss isn't far behind. Their match didn't have the steaks that Nattie and Naomi had. Both Nattie and Naomi had so much to prove. Naomi that she belonged in the top spot and Nattie was out to prove she should have never left it. I hope we see more of Nattie and Naomi it was a great match, great storytelling. Long live the rivalry! Now, Sasha and Alexa, I can do without their rivalry. Which is pretty surprising considering they do not get along in real life. 

Naomi vs. Natalya: B-
Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss: C+

P.S. Naomi is so over her merchandise and GLOW belt is selling...having her drop the championship makes no sense. I think another title reign is in her future! 

Comments

Popular Posts

WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Not Renewing Contract

SummerSlam 1988 – Since we are just a few weeks away from SummerSlam 2012, I believe it is only appropriate to take a look at the very first one.

Long before I was born, okay two years before I was born, but long before I was thought of I’m sure, there was the great SummerSlam 1988. This is the historic night that set the precedent for the subsequent 22 almost 23 SummerSlams. What were the matches on that night? I’m glad you asked! The British Bulldogs (The late Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond), this tag team match ended in a draw. Okay Answer for 1000 points, who are the Fabulous Rougeaus? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Buzz!!! The Fabulous Rougeaus were a tag team, duh! They were in the WWE for a short time but Jacques went on to become one half of the very popular Quebecers. Okay semi-popular Quebecers. But hey they were three time WWE tag team champions, three more than the Rockers. But in comparison to popularity…I guess championships really don’t matter *shrugs shoulders*. The late Bad News Brown defeated Ken Patera. Both of these wrestlers won competitive ...

Natalya

Okay Okay let’s talk the real! Can I just say that Natalya’s losing streak is ridiculous? And, adding insult to injury, have you seen her promos?? Especially with her farting ew TACKY! I mean really, what is that about?  Before we talk about Natalya’s competition let’s look at her credentials! She’s the daughter of the legendary Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, the granddaughter of Hall of Famer Stu Hart, and the niece of WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hitman” Hart. But that’s just her lineage, which beats any other WWE Superstar, male or female…I’m just saying. She is the first and only female graduate of the infamous dungeon. Anyone who is a real wrestling fan knows of The Dungeon…well if you’ve been under a rock for the last 20 years, then I’ll update you! The Dungeon was located in the mansion of Stu & Helen Hart and is where Davey Boy Smith, Bret and Owen Hart trained and undoubtedly developed their signature moves.  Yes, Bret Hart, can you say “Excellence of E...