Skip to main content

WWE Hall of Fame Inductee Rumers - Rikishi #wwe #wwehof #wwehof2015 #Rikishi

According to WWE.com the newest member of the WWE Hall of Fame will be Rikishi (Solofa Fatu, Jr.). Tonight on Raw the WWE is expected to make this announcement.

Rikishi is a three time WWE Tag Team Champion and a one time WWE Intercontinental Champion. He is also a member of the Anoa'i Family, which includes greats like The Rock, The Wild Samoans, Roman Reigns, and The Usos to name a few. His brother is the late WWE Wrestler "Umaga".

But putting pedigree aside Rikishi has made a name for himself in the WWE. He was a member of the Headshrinkers, under the name Fatu, in the early 90s, along with his cousin Samu. The Headshrinkers were WCCW and WWE Tag Team Champions. After the headshrinkers Rikishi began using the name The Sultan. As the Sultan, Rikishi unsuccessfully challenged Rocky Maivia (The Rock) for the Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania 13.

 In 1999, Fatu took on his current moniker Rikishi. Rikishi, much like his cousin's name "Yokozuna" was a name for Japanese Sumo wrestler. It was as Rikishi that Fatu cemented his WWE Legacy. PWI ranked him #27 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2000. Also in the year 2000, Rikishi won the Intercontinental Title. His fun loving and entertaining dance moves made him beloved by the WWE Universe.

Rikishi belongs in the WWE Hall of Fame. Not only for his in ring work but also for his work training new WWE talent. He trained his sons, The Usos, who are currently the WWE Tag Team Champions. Outside of his family legacy, Rikishi has made a name for himself in the WWE. It is only befitting that he take his rightful place in the  WWE Hall of Fame. 

Comments

Popular Posts

WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Not Renewing Contract

SummerSlam 1988 – Since we are just a few weeks away from SummerSlam 2012, I believe it is only appropriate to take a look at the very first one.

Long before I was born, okay two years before I was born, but long before I was thought of I’m sure, there was the great SummerSlam 1988. This is the historic night that set the precedent for the subsequent 22 almost 23 SummerSlams. What were the matches on that night? I’m glad you asked! The British Bulldogs (The late Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond), this tag team match ended in a draw. Okay Answer for 1000 points, who are the Fabulous Rougeaus? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Buzz!!! The Fabulous Rougeaus were a tag team, duh! They were in the WWE for a short time but Jacques went on to become one half of the very popular Quebecers. Okay semi-popular Quebecers. But hey they were three time WWE tag team champions, three more than the Rockers. But in comparison to popularity…I guess championships really don’t matter *shrugs shoulders*. The late Bad News Brown defeated Ken Patera. Both of these wrestlers won competitive ...

Natalya

Okay Okay let’s talk the real! Can I just say that Natalya’s losing streak is ridiculous? And, adding insult to injury, have you seen her promos?? Especially with her farting ew TACKY! I mean really, what is that about?  Before we talk about Natalya’s competition let’s look at her credentials! She’s the daughter of the legendary Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, the granddaughter of Hall of Famer Stu Hart, and the niece of WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hitman” Hart. But that’s just her lineage, which beats any other WWE Superstar, male or female…I’m just saying. She is the first and only female graduate of the infamous dungeon. Anyone who is a real wrestling fan knows of The Dungeon…well if you’ve been under a rock for the last 20 years, then I’ll update you! The Dungeon was located in the mansion of Stu & Helen Hart and is where Davey Boy Smith, Bret and Owen Hart trained and undoubtedly developed their signature moves.  Yes, Bret Hart, can you say “Excellence of E...