Skip to main content

The Era of the Maharaja #JinderMahal #WWE #Maharaja #SmackdownLive

The win of the Maharaja further establishes the NEW ERA of the WWE, which for now will be warmly acknowledged as the Era of the Maharaja. 

Say what you want about Mahal, (he has gyno, he does not deserve the push, he has poor mic skills..etc.,) it does not matter. He is the WWE Champion. He went from jobber to WWE Champion in six months. Who has done that in the WWE? Not mid carder, but a real jobber.He was such a jobber he was in a jobber faction...3MB. Not only that but the entire faction was destroyed by Brock Lesnar upon his return. Mahal went from the lowest rung in WWE to the highest. That deserves praise. I have checked out his Instagram he is dedicated to his body, so I am not sure steroids are the answer to his physique. Side note: he always had gyno…from his debut to chubby days he always had a little man boob. 

Mahal’s sudden elevation to WWE Champion demonstrates that WWE is willing to give new talent a shot. Perhaps it is because pay-per-views are cheaper and there is less pressure to satisfy fans. Whatever the reason, Mahal is benefiting from it. This is what WWE should be about. It should be a place where someone like Mahal can come, rise to the top and prove himself.  I hope he does prove himself and becomes the super heel we all know he can be. 

This tide change brings a new excitement to the WWE Championship. Let's be real Orton's title reign was a snoozefest. I stopped tuning into SmackDown once he became champion because it was a "meh" title reign. We have seen this exact same title reign 11 other times. Orton refuses to evolve and it does nothing but stale the title. 

Mahal, on the other hand, has revamped the WWE title picture and created a new intrigue for fans. This is a beautiful thing as we all want to see something more. That is why fans boo Roman Reigns we have seen the “anti-hero” role played too many times. Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, even Brock Lesnar have played the anti-hero role. It is enough already. We get it not all good guys are nice guys…whatever. 

Mahal is the quintessential bad guy. (Rumors have it that Rusev will turn face and capture the WWE Title at Money in the Bank. Whatever, I am not here for it.) With the Singh Brothers, Mahal has his own faction. This is the mark of a real heel (The Heenan Family, The Million Dollar Corporation, Evolution, etc.). These heel factions defined their leaders as the best heels to grace us with their evilness. The Singh Brothers and Mahal will be no different. 

I love Mahal in the spotlight, and the title adds the extra push he needed to catapult to true WWE Heel. His title reign tells a real story. He captured the title by forcing himself to the top. That is the story. Many argue that Mahal was thrust into the spotlight too fast but isn’t that what a traditional heel does? The good guy always works to the top but a truly hated heel jumps the spotlight, takes it, and devours it for himself. (Isn’t that why everyone hates Roman Reigns?)

Also, told you so. To all the "insiders" that said VinnieMac loved Orton too much to drop the belt to Mahal. Please! This is business, and if it is one think we know about VinnieMac...is he is about his business.  

Britt

Comments

Popular Posts

WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Not Renewing Contract

SummerSlam 1988 – Since we are just a few weeks away from SummerSlam 2012, I believe it is only appropriate to take a look at the very first one.

Long before I was born, okay two years before I was born, but long before I was thought of I’m sure, there was the great SummerSlam 1988. This is the historic night that set the precedent for the subsequent 22 almost 23 SummerSlams. What were the matches on that night? I’m glad you asked! The British Bulldogs (The late Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond), this tag team match ended in a draw. Okay Answer for 1000 points, who are the Fabulous Rougeaus? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Buzz!!! The Fabulous Rougeaus were a tag team, duh! They were in the WWE for a short time but Jacques went on to become one half of the very popular Quebecers. Okay semi-popular Quebecers. But hey they were three time WWE tag team champions, three more than the Rockers. But in comparison to popularity…I guess championships really don’t matter *shrugs shoulders*. The late Bad News Brown defeated Ken Patera. Both of these wrestlers won competitive ...

Natalya

Okay Okay let’s talk the real! Can I just say that Natalya’s losing streak is ridiculous? And, adding insult to injury, have you seen her promos?? Especially with her farting ew TACKY! I mean really, what is that about?  Before we talk about Natalya’s competition let’s look at her credentials! She’s the daughter of the legendary Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, the granddaughter of Hall of Famer Stu Hart, and the niece of WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hitman” Hart. But that’s just her lineage, which beats any other WWE Superstar, male or female…I’m just saying. She is the first and only female graduate of the infamous dungeon. Anyone who is a real wrestling fan knows of The Dungeon…well if you’ve been under a rock for the last 20 years, then I’ll update you! The Dungeon was located in the mansion of Stu & Helen Hart and is where Davey Boy Smith, Bret and Owen Hart trained and undoubtedly developed their signature moves.  Yes, Bret Hart, can you say “Excellence of E...