Skip to main content

Rivalries: Undertaker v. Yokozuna Pt. 2 #1993 #1992 #Yokozuna #Undertaker #SurvivorSeries1993

 I was only three years old when Survivor Series 1993 took place! This was the Golden Age of wrestling for me. This is when WWE had the coolest theme songs and theme videos for their pay-per-views. It sold drama and passion, something that is hard to sell today with the death of the pro-wrestling gimmick. The Survivor Series 1993 video theme was a roller coaster much like the most recent WrestleMania's theme but at Survivor Series 1993 it reminded me of the Gold Rush ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain, which is pretty cool. This is the same Survivor Series where the Hart Family took on Shawn Michaels and his Knights. I do not remember this match, but then again I was only three at a time. I had a limited memory. However, what I do remember is what happened after this match. Owen blamed Bret for him being eliminated from the match. This was the beginning of their infamous sibling rivalry. 


This is not the only rivalry that was ignited at Survivor Series. Survivor Series 1993 is also where we got our first taste of Yokozuna vs. The Undertaker.  The WWE teased the clash between the two giants during the match, as the two came face to face several times. This was the beginning of one of the most entertaining rivalries in WWE. The two would not clash until the end of the match when it was two on two. The heated rivalry left both men counted out and the only two left from the respective teams was Ludvig and Luger. 

The purpose of the match was a final clash between Lex and Yoko. However, this match spawned an even greater rivalry between Undertaker and Yokozuna. This allowed Lex Luger to go to compete in the Royal Rumble 1994 where he would be a co-winner with Bret Hart. The clash between the Undertaker and Yokozuna would continue to Royal Rumble 1993, where the Undertaker would put his steak in his moniker of the being the Phenom of the WWE. 


Sidenote: Why did Santa Clause come out at the end of Survivor Series? Survivor Series was the day before Thanksgiving...at least Vince didn't bring back the Gobbly Gooker. 

Comments

Popular Posts

WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Not Renewing Contract

SummerSlam 1988 – Since we are just a few weeks away from SummerSlam 2012, I believe it is only appropriate to take a look at the very first one.

Long before I was born, okay two years before I was born, but long before I was thought of I’m sure, there was the great SummerSlam 1988. This is the historic night that set the precedent for the subsequent 22 almost 23 SummerSlams. What were the matches on that night? I’m glad you asked! The British Bulldogs (The late Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond), this tag team match ended in a draw. Okay Answer for 1000 points, who are the Fabulous Rougeaus? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Buzz!!! The Fabulous Rougeaus were a tag team, duh! They were in the WWE for a short time but Jacques went on to become one half of the very popular Quebecers. Okay semi-popular Quebecers. But hey they were three time WWE tag team champions, three more than the Rockers. But in comparison to popularity…I guess championships really don’t matter *shrugs shoulders*. The late Bad News Brown defeated Ken Patera. Both of these wrestlers won competitive ...

Natalya

Okay Okay let’s talk the real! Can I just say that Natalya’s losing streak is ridiculous? And, adding insult to injury, have you seen her promos?? Especially with her farting ew TACKY! I mean really, what is that about?  Before we talk about Natalya’s competition let’s look at her credentials! She’s the daughter of the legendary Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, the granddaughter of Hall of Famer Stu Hart, and the niece of WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hitman” Hart. But that’s just her lineage, which beats any other WWE Superstar, male or female…I’m just saying. She is the first and only female graduate of the infamous dungeon. Anyone who is a real wrestling fan knows of The Dungeon…well if you’ve been under a rock for the last 20 years, then I’ll update you! The Dungeon was located in the mansion of Stu & Helen Hart and is where Davey Boy Smith, Bret and Owen Hart trained and undoubtedly developed their signature moves.  Yes, Bret Hart, can you say “Excellence of E...