Skip to main content

Weighing In on Extreme Rules #ExtremeRules

WWE seems lost. It seems that WWE doesn't know what it wants to do in any situation. Every pay-per-view has been disappointing since WrestleMania, and I just don't agree with any of WWE's choices; which I usually do. This pay-per-view like Money in the Bank seems like the WWE was scared to change anything at all. The B-Team's win did a great job to shake the tag-team-division up on Raw and gave us something new that we had not seen before. The Braun Strowman and Kevin Owens' match was amazing. Kevin Owens did a Mick Foley spot! Now, of course, the cell wasn't as high...as it didn't look as high as the 1998 counterpart. If you missed that 1998 Hell in The Cell, check it out...it has it's own Wikipedia Page. Lashley vs. Reigns was a good match, and it was much better than the fans treated it. The fans seemed bored during the match, but I think that is due to the fans assuming that Reigns would win. Since he didn't fans cheered and probably are now regretting not actually enjoying this match. It wasn't bad it as good for the two monsters in the ring...so it wasn't as bad as most anticipated. Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax was trash...the only thing that saved it is Ronda Rousey. Alexa was entertaining at first, but the match seemed like Alexa was hitting Nia with pillows it was underprepared for. Not a great match, but Ronda saved it..so it was acceptable. Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins just made the Intercontinental Championship the most important belt on the roster. They gave everything they had to put the Intercontinental title on the forefront. The storytelling kept me interested the entire match. But, the extra time wasn't really extra time, but the ending was fine. Ziggler keeping the belt was surprising and a good move. We all love Ziggler having his chance...so this was awesome. Overall grade for the pay-per-view is C. It is just an okay pay-per-view. Not really extreme so they should really change the name to "Okay Rules" lmao. But, not shade...the pay per view as fine.

Comments

Popular Posts

WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Not Renewing Contract

SummerSlam 1988 – Since we are just a few weeks away from SummerSlam 2012, I believe it is only appropriate to take a look at the very first one.

Long before I was born, okay two years before I was born, but long before I was thought of I’m sure, there was the great SummerSlam 1988. This is the historic night that set the precedent for the subsequent 22 almost 23 SummerSlams. What were the matches on that night? I’m glad you asked! The British Bulldogs (The late Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond), this tag team match ended in a draw. Okay Answer for 1000 points, who are the Fabulous Rougeaus? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Buzz!!! The Fabulous Rougeaus were a tag team, duh! They were in the WWE for a short time but Jacques went on to become one half of the very popular Quebecers. Okay semi-popular Quebecers. But hey they were three time WWE tag team champions, three more than the Rockers. But in comparison to popularity…I guess championships really don’t matter *shrugs shoulders*. The late Bad News Brown defeated Ken Patera. Both of these wrestlers won competitive ...

Natalya

Okay Okay let’s talk the real! Can I just say that Natalya’s losing streak is ridiculous? And, adding insult to injury, have you seen her promos?? Especially with her farting ew TACKY! I mean really, what is that about?  Before we talk about Natalya’s competition let’s look at her credentials! She’s the daughter of the legendary Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, the granddaughter of Hall of Famer Stu Hart, and the niece of WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hitman” Hart. But that’s just her lineage, which beats any other WWE Superstar, male or female…I’m just saying. She is the first and only female graduate of the infamous dungeon. Anyone who is a real wrestling fan knows of The Dungeon…well if you’ve been under a rock for the last 20 years, then I’ll update you! The Dungeon was located in the mansion of Stu & Helen Hart and is where Davey Boy Smith, Bret and Owen Hart trained and undoubtedly developed their signature moves.  Yes, Bret Hart, can you say “Excellence of E...