Skip to main content

The Shield vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre - WWE Super Show-Down Results and Grades #SSD #WWE

Image result for the shield vs braun strowman drew mcintyre and dolph ziggler

The Shield came walked to the ring with their masks. I have to admit they look badass!

The Shield entered the match in old school Shield fashion by surrounding the ring. Before the match The Shield attempted a triple power bomb on Braun through the announce table but Ziggler and McIntyre stopped them and then the three of them attempted to pick The Shield apart.

The match started with Seth Rollins and Dolph Ziggler. McIntyre, Ziggler and Strowman already had the advantage from the events before the match started so the three of them worked Seth Rollins in the ring by keeping frequent tags. (Interesting note, The Shield are in the usual heel corner of the ring. Very weird ring dynamics).

It took a while for The Shield to gain any traction. Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre slowly but surely tore The Shield apart. Strowman put Rollins through excruciating punishment in the ring. Strowman then climbed to the top rope and all I could think of was Psycho Sid breaking his leg. Thank God we did not have a repeat of that! Strowman missed by the way.

This slowed down the Dogs of War's traction and allowed Ambrose to tag in the ring and gain some traction for The Shield.

Roman Reigns accidentally Super Man Punched Dean Ambrose laying the seeds for dissension between The Shield members. Very near pinfalls from both teams came after this. Meanwhile, Ambrose still laid outside the ring from the punch from Reigns.

Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre surround the ring and Ambrose is in the fourth corner. Strowman is trying to convince Ambrose to jump Reigns and Rollins with them. But Ambrose jumps in and drop kicks Strowman through the rope.

Braun then saved McIntyre from a Shield powerbomb. Strowman then threw Reigns and Rollins out of the ring and left Ambrose in the ring with Ziggler. Strowman ran through (literally) Rollins and Reigns. Ziggler then hit Ambrose with the Zig Zag, however, Ambrose kicked out.

Strowman attempted to run through Ambrose and Reigns tackled Strowman through the barricade to save Reigns. McIntyre and Ziggler attempted to double team Ambrose, but Rollin saved Ambrose.

Ambrose got the pinfall...The Shield gained the victory.

Grade: A

Comments

Popular Posts

WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Not Renewing Contract

SummerSlam 1988 – Since we are just a few weeks away from SummerSlam 2012, I believe it is only appropriate to take a look at the very first one.

Long before I was born, okay two years before I was born, but long before I was thought of I’m sure, there was the great SummerSlam 1988. This is the historic night that set the precedent for the subsequent 22 almost 23 SummerSlams. What were the matches on that night? I’m glad you asked! The British Bulldogs (The late Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond), this tag team match ended in a draw. Okay Answer for 1000 points, who are the Fabulous Rougeaus? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Buzz!!! The Fabulous Rougeaus were a tag team, duh! They were in the WWE for a short time but Jacques went on to become one half of the very popular Quebecers. Okay semi-popular Quebecers. But hey they were three time WWE tag team champions, three more than the Rockers. But in comparison to popularity…I guess championships really don’t matter *shrugs shoulders*. The late Bad News Brown defeated Ken Patera. Both of these wrestlers won competitive ...

Natalya

Okay Okay let’s talk the real! Can I just say that Natalya’s losing streak is ridiculous? And, adding insult to injury, have you seen her promos?? Especially with her farting ew TACKY! I mean really, what is that about?  Before we talk about Natalya’s competition let’s look at her credentials! She’s the daughter of the legendary Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, the granddaughter of Hall of Famer Stu Hart, and the niece of WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hitman” Hart. But that’s just her lineage, which beats any other WWE Superstar, male or female…I’m just saying. She is the first and only female graduate of the infamous dungeon. Anyone who is a real wrestling fan knows of The Dungeon…well if you’ve been under a rock for the last 20 years, then I’ll update you! The Dungeon was located in the mansion of Stu & Helen Hart and is where Davey Boy Smith, Bret and Owen Hart trained and undoubtedly developed their signature moves.  Yes, Bret Hart, can you say “Excellence of E...